Truck Accident Law Firm in Chicago, IL
According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, in 2017 alone, 4,102 people died in truck accidents in the U.S. Truck crashes can be far more devastating than passenger vehicle accidents because of the sheer sizes of the vehicles involved. Trucks weigh many tons more than cars and they require longer distances in order to stop. Highly-skilled drivers are required to properly maneuver these vehicles in both highway and urban driving situations. Truck drivers are hard-working and spend hours away from their families and loved ones, trying to deliver goods on increasingly tighter and tighter schedules. However, sometimes unreasonable schedules and pressures from truck companies lead to truck drivers choosing to cut corners or violate the law. When this happens, accidents can result.When truck crashes occur, victims can find themselves seriously injured. Families may struggle with unexpected medical bills, lost wages due to a family member’s missed days from work, and families may struggle if their primary caretaker is disabled and unable to care for children or loved ones. The Budin Law Offices is a truck accident law firm in Chicago that can assist you with your personal injury claim. Truck accident claims can often be more complicated than passenger vehicle claims. Why? Truck drivers and companies are required to abide by strict regulations and laws. When truck drivers and companies violate these laws, innocent people can get hurt and truck companies and drivers might be held financially accountable. Truck companies are required to hold high-limit insurance policies to protect drivers and others on the road in the event that an accident takes place. Some of these polices can have limits as high as $1 million dollars. When individuals are seriously injured in truck accidents, their medical bills and other expenses can quickly add up, especially if their injuries are particularly serious.If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident in Chicago, contact the Budin Law Offices today. Our semi-truck accident lawyers can review your claim, review the details of your accident, look at your losses, and estimate the value of your settlement. We can then take steps to help you seek the settlement you may deserve under the law. The Budin Law Offices can offer you a free initial consultation during which we can review your case and offer you an honest assessment of your claim.
How a Tractor Trailer Accident Law Firm Can Help You in Chicago
Tractor trailer accident claims can be more complicated than passenger vehicle accident claims. Unlike passenger vehicle claims, where usually the driver alone is at fault, in truck accident claims, the truck company could be found at fault or negligent. Truck companies must abide by a set of rules and regulations that govern the industry. A tractor trailer accident lawyer at the Budin Law Offices in Chicago who understands the laws and regulations that govern truck drivers and truck companies may be able to help you make a claim when truck companies and drivers cut corners to increase their bottom lines. What are some important laws and how can they impact your case? Here are a few important truck laws whose violation might have an impact on your truck accident claim:
- Hours of Service Laws. If a truck driver violates hours of service laws, victims and families may have the right to make a claim. Hours of service laws dictate how long a truck driver can be behind the wheel before taking a break. When drivers break these laws, they may end up driving while fatigued, which can result in crashes and injuries.
- Loading Laws. Trucks must keep their loads below certain restrictions. Overloaded trucks can have difficulty stopping, can end up suffering from brake failure, or experience more frequent tire blowouts—all of which can result in crashes and loss of control of the vehicle.
- Commercial Drivers Regulations. Commercial drivers must have proper licensure. They must also pass regular medical exams that certify that they are fit to operate a truck. When truck companies fail to properly check a commercial driver’s record or driving history, these companies could be found negligent if their truck drivers get into crashes and are later found to have a poor driving history.
- Truck companies must properly maintain their vehicles. When truck companies fail to regularly check tires, brakes, and other critical systems, accidents can happen.
- Distracted Driving. Laws governing cell phone use and distracted driving are stricter on truck drivers and truck companies. When truck drivers are found to be guilty of distracted driving, truck companies might have to pay victims and their families for losses.
- Drunk Driving. Commercial drivers are held to a higher standard than passenger vehicles when it comes to blood alcohol concentration limits. Under Illinois law, individuals with a commercial driver’s license could be considered legally drunk if their blood alcohol concentration is found to be 0.04% or higher.
These are just some of the unique factors that can play a role in a truck crash. Budin Law Offices is a semi-truck accident law firm in Chicago that can review your case and determine whether any of these unique factors may have played a role in your crash. Our firm can also evaluate whether a truck driver was speeding, breaking the rules of the road, or engaging in other behaviors which could have resulted in a crash. Contact the Budin Law Offices, a tractor-trailer accident law firm in Chicago today to learn more about your options and rights under the law.
Seek Justice for Your Truck Crash in Chicago Today
If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident in Chicago, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. The Budin Law Offices are Chicago tractor trailer accident lawyers who may be able to assist you with your case. We can review your medical bills and other expenses, estimate the value of your claim, and pursue negligent parties. Following a truck accident, there may be more than one stakeholder responsible for your crash. The Budin Law Firm are truck accident attorneys who can fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve from truck drivers, truck companies, and others. Contact our attorneys in Chicago today.
We offer a free consultation. Call us at 312-377-0700 or send us an email.